Thursday, January 3, 2008

bad wegman's

Went to Wegman's on new year's day. Unfortunately we didn't get the memo that the world is coming to an end. Produce was at slim pickings, the meat prices were sky-high and pasta section as sparse. This was the worst I had ever seen Wegman's. Shelves were seriously bare and what was left was not up to Wegman's par. It was kinda sad to see it look like a regular grocery store. The employees said that their trucks didn't come in that day. Even though that was the case I was still upset and I don't think I'll be back for awhile. The Giant in our area has way better prices on packaged meat and a better selection. So I give the nod to them. But of course when I want a good ribeye from the butcher I'll come back to Wegman's. Never Safeway though, is it me or does their meat have a funk to it? The past few times that I've cooked their beef theres been a weird odor and taste to their meat. Plus the Safeway in our area has the longest lines ever.

ok enough about grocery stores.

2 comments:

Wen said...

buwhaahahah! dude, for some reason you had me rollin' on the floor. i was just at a Ralph's in west l.a. last night to pick-up a few groceries. they were pretty stacked, but then again it was the 2nd of jan. boo on wegman's. i would've expected better. you'd never get that kind of miss-service from say Bristol Farms...!

M. said...

My brother is no longer stationed at the coffee dock. He is with the cheese department. How is that for a stench.