Monday, February 16, 2009

weekend rewind

Our weekend started on Thursday after work. Ape and I headed down to Richmond for V-day dinner at Avenue 805 with her fam. I wasn't expecting much from this quiet off the strip restaurant. Our ravioli appetizer didn't help. Too much pasta, not enough filling. But all of our entrees made of for it. I ordered the Italian meatloaf, wtf right? But it was really good; it was layered with prosciutto, pepperoni and salami and topped with marinara. The mash and veggies were bangin' too.

Fri., I went to hit some balls with FIL. I sucked not to mention gloveless. It hurt so bad hitting balls in the cold. Thus I got a blister. After we got ape and met up the rest of the fam for lunch. cheese steaks, grool. Did a Costco run after and tried to get FIL to look at other SUVs besides the Highlander as their next vehicle. Checked out the Tribeca and CX-9.

Friday night after heading to VA beach we had dinner with my rents. I wanted to eat at Yukai Buffet but my dad was opposed. So we went to LongHorn Steakhouse. Everything was aight. Medium rare isn't in their vocab though; my prime rib came out well. Boo. But it tasted delish and the sides, and salads were great. After we stopped by Krispy Kreme for some Hot n Fresh doughnuts.

Sat we checked out a highlander at checkered flag for FIL, and then went back home and napped. For dinner ape and I finally went to Yukai. The sushi was small but good. The non-sushi foods like the Chinese, and Korean food were really good. Udon soup was off the hook. My god-bro ruined the experience by telling me the restrooms were horrific. You know... after dinner we when to Markie's and Ronnie's going away house party. We had a great time and it was good to see everyone. We partied till the morning...

Sun we headed back up to nova. Michelle threw Rey a "surprise" b-day at Top Golf. My shots got 100% better and ape was striking the ball pretty well too. Again we ate a ton of not so good for us food. When we got home at 7, I felt like crashing but I got myself off the couch and went to the gym with ape. We really needed to go to the gym esp. after eating out for the past 4 days.

No comments: